Sunday, February 05, 2006

Salmon with wasabi mayo

This recipe is from a magazine I subscribe, Olive. I loved it because first of all I love fish. I also love unusual recipes, new flavours that I don't often put together : salmon and wasabi sauce when the salmon was not in its raw form. Truth is, I could eat fish every day. I really love it that much. I do not eat it as often as I liked and when I have the chance I often over do it.Anyway..here goes the recipe:

Salmon 2 x 175g fillets

miso paste – 1 tsp

sesame seeds – 1 tbsp

wasabi paste – 1 ½ tsp

mayonnaise – 2 tbsp

lime wedges to serve

Heat the oven to 140oC/fan 120oC/gas 1. Put the salmon skin-side down on a non-stick baking tray and smear the miso paste over the top. Brown the sesame seeds gently in a dry frying pan. Scatter them over the salmon, pressing them into the miso. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the wasabi with the mayonnaise and put a tbsp on each plate with the salmon and lime.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Salmon and mayo... good idea!