Saturday, February 11, 2006

Little Chocolate Brownie Cakes

This is a different way to prepare chocolate brownies. I am a big fan of preparing cakes/brownies and all things similar to that in small and individual portions. I think that there is nothing more lovely than having your own little cake. I have just bought a book by Julie Le Clerc which is all about little cakes, gorgeous little gems.This recipe is in the chocolate section.

One thing that I found with this recipe is that perhaps the baking time can be reduced by 5 minutes so it is more like 20 min. Even so I would recommend that you checked the brownies a few minutes before the set time as they tend to get dry very easily if in the oven for a tad too long.

You can replace dark chocolate bits for white or milk chocolate ones. Another option is to add ½ cup of chopped nuts or raisins to it instead of the chocolate.

100g butter

200g quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped

2 small eggs, lightly beaten

¾ cup caster sugar

1 cup flour, sifted

½ cup white chocolate bits


Preheat oven to 180oC (fan assisted)/ 109oC (normal oven). Grease and flour 12 individual cake or muffin tins or a small slice tin.

Melt butter and chocolate together in a double boiler, or microwave for 2-minutes. Cool a little then stir in the beaten eggs and sugar.

Stir in the flour and beat to combine. Stir in the white chocolate bits.

Spoon mixture into prepared tins and bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Dust with icing sugar to serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your posts backwards (from top to bottom)! I'm loving all the recipes you've posted from Le Clerc's book. They're exquisite!

Valentina said...

Paz, I recommend her stuff. The first one I bought was Cafe@home. I honestly make 60% of the recipes in it. Just couldn't help myself.