Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Cloverleaf Honey-Wheat Rolls

I have made this recipe so many times - which is something that I am not very used to doing. I often do not get a chance to repeat a certain recipe as I tend to be in look out for new recipes most of the time. However these rolls are so delicious and pretty easy to make. Always a sure winner. I love them with soup or just buttered whilst still hot. This time round I used spelt flour instead of whole wheat flour. I was pretty happy with the result. The rolls were so deliciously soft. also decided to sprinkle half of them with poppy seed after glazing them with a mixture of single cream and water - as opposed to the egg wash suggested in the recipe. Apart from that I pretty much stick to the original. I got the recipe from Anna who has the blog Kitchenspace. Click here to see the original post with the recipe and Anna's comments.

4 comments:

Cate said...

The rolls look delicious!

Ana said...

I am so glad you like them this much Valentina!!
We all love those rolls here at home, I also make them all the time and usualy have some in the freezer. The boys love them, and I keep getting requests for more as soon as they are gone.
Ana!

Valentina said...

Cate, this is indeed a lovely recipe. Plus it is so practical, taking not much time to prepare at all. It is a great favourite of mine.
Ana, of all the bread recipes I have this is my favourite.I love the gentle sweetness that it carries.I have you to thank for this one.

Anonymous said...

If this is a repeat recipe for you, then I have to definitely put it down on my list! ;-)

Paz