Sunday, September 02, 2007

La Festa al Fresco 2007

Lis and Yvonne, the ever-so-enthusiastic-duo, are holding a ‘festa’. I just could not miss the opportunity to take part and decide to make a special effort here. I say special effort because I have been really struggling with my time recently.

I got some lovely fresh fennel plus some other ingredients and decided that a lovely and refreshing seasonal summer salad would be a lovely choice for this end of season event. Yvonne and Lis, here is my contribution to the party.


Just check out how simple and delicious this great summery fennel salad is:


The ingredients used were carrots, raddish, cucumber and fresh fennel the quantities will depend on how many hungry mouths you will feed.


Just chop the vegetables to your favourite shapes. Display them on a salad plate.

Prepare the dressing:

Olive oil

Grainy Dijon mustard

Lime juice

Adjust the quantity of the dressing ingredients to your liking. Some people like to add a wee bit more salt to it.

Drizzle the salad with it and enjoying crunching away. It is a really refreshing and summery salad.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never cooked with fennel before...but I always like the taste it imparts to dishes I had sampled at the restaurant. This looks like a recipe to get me started cooking with it!

Lis said...

I LOVE fennel, Valentina! I've only had it once in a salad though. It was shaved and I could barely taste it. Now this salad - ohhh baby - I know I'll be able to taste it. Yay!

Thank you so much for joining in on the Festa.. you are too busy! You need to relax at the party and enjoy yourself ;) (Wouldn't it be lovely if that could really happen?)

Hugs!
xoxo

Cynthia said...

All we need now is the right flavoured beverage to compliment this salad.

Meeta K. Wolff said...

I love the taste of fennel. For some reason my two men always tell me they do not like fennel but when ever i sneak it into a dish they love it. LOL! Men!!! Your salad looks so colorful and a wonderful entry!

Anonymous said...

Yum!

Paz (looking for her plate)

Anonymous said...

Valentina,

Those vegetables look so beautiful and fresh! My mouth is watering. Thanks so much for coming to the party, my friend!

Anonymous said...

I love fennel salad! My family's fennel sald mixes orange segments with thin wedges of fennel, with good olive oil, sea salt and a squeeze of lemon (and any juice from the oranges).

Now I'm going to try your family's recipe! It looks wonderful.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Valentina, that is gorgeous salad and fennel is fantastic in it I'm sure! I like the simple dressing.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

You have great blog. Would you mind to have a link exchange with me?

Please email me if you are interested.

my email : kamarul[at]hoteltravel[dot]com

I'd like to exchange your link with our company website.

Thanks.

Note: You can delete this comment.

Nora B. said...

This looks so refreshing. I haven't used radish in my salads for a while, thanks for the reminder. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have not received confirmation from you concerning our link exchange.

If you agree to exchange a link, kindly send me an email as below. I will explain to you the procedure to exchange a link.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Kamarulzaman Suief
Kamarul[at]hoteltravel[dot]com

Note: You can delete this comment.