Thursday, June 07, 2007

Linguine with clams and tomatoes

Pasta is such a great thing to cook.Very versatile - all the possible sauce combinations. I chose this dish to take part in Ruth's Presto Pasta Nights events. Check here for the details. I actually first emailed Ruth about a month ago or more saying that I really wanted to take part in these events. Only now I managed to get organized.

I love sea food and since the first time that I saw this recipe I decided that I had to prepare it - the lovely clams! With all the lovely and fresh ingredients this is such a fabulous dish. not too laborious, extremely delicious and gets ready in no time.


I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


Linguine with clams and tomatoes

400g italian dried linguine

60ml extra virgin olive oil

3 garlic cloves, finely sliced

2 small fresh red chillies, finely chopped, or ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes

Sea salt

1 kg clams

125ml white wine

500g cherry tomatoes, cut into halves

3 tbspoons finely chopped fresh parsley

Freshly ground paper


Cook the linguine in a large saucepan. Whilst it is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and sea salt for 1 minute. Add the clams, white wine and tomatoes. Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until the clams open. Remove from the heat.


Drain the pasta and add to the frying pan with the parsley. Gently toss to combine, then season with the salt and pepper.

5 comments:

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Oh yes, this is just my kind of dish. Lovely seafood and pasta. Lovely!

Ruth Daniels said...

This is a perfect dish - all my favorite things combined. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. Hope to see you back with more delicious pastas.

Nora B. said...

Valentina, I love clams, actually i love all shellfish. This dish looks wonderful. I usually stick with mussels, so next time I will give this a go. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love this dish! And I love the dishes below, too!

Paz

Patricia Scarpin said...

I can't eat this wonderful dish but João would be asking for seconds, Tina. It looks delicious!