Saturday, April 08, 2006

Around the World meme


I saw this meme when visiting The Cooking Adventures of Chef Paz. As she left the invitation open to whoever would like to answer it I have decided to give it a go. There are so many lovely blogs that could have also been mentioned..

  1. Please list three recipes you have recently book marked from food blogs to try:

Well, recently is a concept that sometimes I hold on geological terms. On 7th February Paz from The Cooking Adventures of Chef Paz published a great recipe of Crab and Corn chowder. Crab and corn are two passions of mine. I am still to prepare this recipe. Another recipe that is actually fairly recent is a recipe from the blog KitchenSpace, Blueberry Pie. I love blueberries and Anna’s recipes are always so lovely and she talks about them all with such passion. A third recipe is the one for Fried Ochra from Flavours. I have eaten loads of Okra’s whilst growing up but never fried ones so this is a must.

I just want to say that it has been a very hard task selecting only 3 recipes.

  1. A food blog in your vicinity


Not too sure about a close one. However I will select one in England as well – Nordljus. Keiko has such fabulous photographs and recipes. Every time I visit her blog I feel transported to another dimension. You MUST visit her blog. The photographs are pure poetry.


3. A food blog located far from you

Far from me, further than my home country, is Pecado da Gula. It is a blog by Clarice Akemi. It is in Portuguese but Clarice lives in Japan.


4A food blog (or several) you have discovered recently (where did you find it?)

This is a difficult one since I have not been able to visit the web much recently. However I did get a lovely message from a site I had not heard of before, Posy Party Cakes. She has lovely cakes – small ones , just the way I love them. Check it out! Another new one is Nami Nami. Pille has some great recipes.


5. Any people or bloggers you want to tag with this meme?


I will leave it open to whoever would like to answer them.

2 comments:

Pille said...

We must establish a mutual blog appreciation society, Valentina:) Thanks for mentioning my blog!
PS Have a look at my blueberry tart, you may like it - I just posted a recipe:)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm so glad you participated in this meme. It's been great reading your responses.

I'm going to try the recipes you've mentioned above.

And, I've learned about some more blogs from you. Thanks!

Paz